Home Pool Essentials™ Online Course
Jointly developed by the American Red Cross®and the National Swimming Pool Foundation®
Home Pool EssentialsTM: Maintenance and Safety teaches home pool owners the basics of pool and hot tub maintenance along with strategies for creating a safer environment. For only $29.95, you receive 6 months of access to the online course, a printable resource guide and a record of completion.
In about 2 hours, this course provides information to help make pool and hot tub care easier for home owners as well as steps to help prevent, plan for and respond to emergencies in and around the home pool.This online course is approved for Foster parents in Florda to use as water safety course to submit to State of Florida.
This course is also great for all residential pool owners who want to learn to keep their pool safe to their family and friends. The online Home Pool Essentials™: Maintenance and Safety course teaches pool care and water safety techniques to help people keep aquatic environments safe and well-maintained.
This two-hour online educational program with printable 30-page resource guide is ideal for:
- Home pool and hot tub owners
- Foster or adoptive parents
- Health advocates
- Child and human service organizations
- Daycare workers
- Group homes
- Home inspectors
- Insurance carriers
Participants will learn important lessons with interactive learning, videos, exercises and short quizzes. Training provides basic pool and spa operation and how to reduce risk to family, friends, clients and neighbors by taking simple steps to prevent, prepare for and respond to aquatic emergencies. Home Pool Essentials doesn’t just focus on safety. It also shows participants how to reduce ownership costs by maintaining cleaner, safer pools and hot tubs. Though pools and spas bring a lot of joy, there are certain risks and responsibilities with having water, chemicals, and equipment near the home.
Registrants have access to the course for 6 months and, upon course completion, a record of completion can be downloaded and printed.
Email me at email@example.com for Access Code.
- Identify common water problems and learn steps to achieve good water clarity.
- Learn about common home pool filters and the steps to clean them.
- Learn effective disinfection, water circulation and filtration.
- Identify procedures to test pool water and how to safely add chemicals
- Identify different types of disinfectants used to maintain clear pool water
- Identify layers of protection to prevent unsupervised access to home pools
- Learn how to actively supervise children around water
- Learn steps to help prevent pool and hot tub entrapment hazards
- Learn steps to help prevent diving accidents
- Identify and list the safety equipment that should be in the pool or hot tub area
- Identify characteristics of a distressed swimmer, an active drowning victim and a passive drowning victim
- Describe steps for performing reaching, throwing and wading assists and the circumstances in which these rescues would be used
Home Essentials™ Pool Course
Price includes access code to complete course and get certificate of completion.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to register and for me to email you the access code for the online course.